Monday 10 October marks World Mental Health Day 2022. Recognised by the World Health Organisation, the theme is set by the World Federation for Mental Health. This year it is make mental health and wellbeing for all a global priority.
Gaining in visibility each year, World Mental Health Day 2022 is all over mass media.
World Mental Health Day is a chance to talk about mental health in general, how we need to look after it in ourselves and others. It highlights the importance of talking about things and getting help whatever your circumstances.
The green ribbon is the international symbol of mental health awareness.
Wear a green ribbon to show friends, family and colleagues that you care about their mental health. It is also a commemoration of those who struggle with mental health issues.
You can find best tips for mental health on the the Mental Health Foundation website. Based on proven research, these tips headline as:
- Get closer to nature
- Learn to understand and manage your feelings
- Talking kindly to ourselves is important
- Talk to someone you trust for support
- Talking may change the way you feel about a situation
- Be aware of using drugs and/or alcohol to cope with difficult feelings
- Try to make the most of your money and get help with problem debts
- Get more from your sleep
- Be kind and help create a better world
- Keep moving
- Eat healthy food
- Be curious and open-minded to new experiences
- Plan things to look forward to